People and Communities
Artists for the Earth
ABOUT ARTISTS FOR THE EARTH™
Artists for the Earth® is a global campaign to connect with arts organizations and artists everywhere in order to engage the public with the critical issues of the environment. Art has the power to reach people personally, establishing a deeper understanding and emotional connection with what is happening to our planet.
Artists for the Earth will display works of art centered on the environment, enlist educators to integrate arts programming about the environment into their curricula, leverage social media to expand its reach, and generate a global conversation about climate change.
By supporting the community that art creates, Artists for the Earth will help build consensus, the will to effect change and the inspiration to act to protect the Earth.
THE OFFICIAL EARTH DAY 2021 POSTER
WHAT YOU CAN DO
- Sign up to be an Artist for the Earth
- Invite artists engaged with the environment to your school, township, house of worship or business to exhibit their work or teach a workshop.
- Create a short film about Earth Day or the environment.
- Locate a building through the City or Parks Department, enlist artists and the public to paint a mural that inspires hope for a green future.
- Design an Earth Day poster and exhibit it in a public space.
- If you are a composer, write a song about Earth Day or an environmental issue. Send us a link to it.
- If you are a community leader, sponsor a concert in your area with any proceeds donated to local environmental concerns.
- If you are a teacher or administrator in a school, assist students in putting on an art show
- Participate in the Great Global Cleanup™ and create a trash to art workshop.
- Practice sustainability in your artwork.
- See Learning Through Art for more suggestions
Swipe to see all categories
Arts for the Earth® is EARTHDAY.ORG’s campaign to bring the arts to the forefront of the environmental movement. The campaign’s primary focus is bridging the gap between arts institutions and arts organizations and the public. Its mission is to share works of art and artistic performances that center on the environment or climate change. By advancing environmental awareness, the goal of the campaign is to generate a cultural shift that looks toward a balanced and sustainable world.
Women and the Green Economy (WAGE®)
EARTHDAY.ORG is working to advance the role of women in our evolving green economy. We…
Our soil needs saving. Join EARTHDAY.ORG to learn about the solutions and how they can…