Volunteer Faith Coordinator
EARTHDAY.ORG (EDO) is seeking a qualified volunteer to unite faith communities and inspire their members to take action in recognition of Earth Day 2021.
EDO is a nonprofit organization that works with more than 50,000 partners in 196 countries to strengthen and support the modern environmental movement. Its mission is to unite humanity around the common cause of building a healthier, more sustainable future for the generations that will inherit our planet. The Volunteer Faith Coordinator will be crucial in ensuring that faith-based organizations and communities are represented and supported in this effort.
Ideal candidates will have the following skills:
- A robust network of existing contacts throughout the faith community at large, preferably nationwide
- A focus on ensuring a diverse range of faith organizations are represented, especially including those on the front lines of environmental issues
- Experience organizing grassroots volunteer efforts
- An ability to discuss the connections between humanity and nature through a spiritual lens
- Strong oral and written communication skills and exemplary levels of personal integrity and leadership
Some of your specific duties will include:
- Expand, diversify and support EDO’s global network of faith–based organizations
- Contribute to the coordination, resource development, and planning of events and activities
- Help Earth Day staff create an outreach plan
- Develop in collaboration with EDO staff customizable communications materials for campaign partners/influencers/stakeholders
- Coordinate and work with interns to develop toolkits, web resources and other materials and to execute outreach plan
- Amplify the Earth Day message to online faith communities through social media
- Track metrics of email responses, social media and website traffic
- Additional activities in support of the environment.
This is a volunteer position, with the possibility of a stipend should it become available
HOW TO APPLY: Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter in a single PDF (please name the document “LastName_Faith Coordinator”) to Evan Raskin, National Campaign Manager, at [email protected]. Please use the subject line “Volunteer Faith Coordinator” in your email.