Vote Earth Organizer Internship
Accepting applicants enrolled in a university in AZ, GA, FL, MI, NC, OH, PA, or WI
The time has never been better — or more urgent — to put human and ecological health at the top of the political agenda. It’s time to put the health of our communities, our air, our water and our land on the ballot — it’s time to #VoteEarth. We have six months to make sure the 2020 General Election marks a turning point for the better, to ensure a more equitable future for both people and our environment. College students represent both critical voting demographics and central players in the environmental movement. Earth Day Network is looking for qualified candidates to organize local Vote Earth campaigns on college campuses in key states across the country: AZ, GA, FL, MI, NC, OH, PA, or WI
What does it mean to #VoteEarth? This election day, we need students to vote in solidarity with the one and only home that we all share, to ensure that all have equitable access to the resources and healthy environments that are necessary for survival. Your civic duty has never been more important.
Positions Details: Vote Earth Organizers will work on campuses (in-person or virtually) across the U.S. to mobilize young and first-time voters to #VoteEarth in the 2020 General Election. Ideally, each campus will have up to 2 interns working jointly to get as many students as possible to: 1) register to vote and 2) commit to #VoteEarth. Vote Earth Organizers will receive comprehensive training on organizing successful voter registration campaigns on campuses, and resources to expand their outreach capacity. Finally, #VoteEarth is meant to be a unifying force among many interest groups, so Vote Earth Organizers will be responsible for coordinating collaboration amongst student groups across campus, ranging from environmental to civic to faith.
Timeline: While details of this position are not yet finalized, the program is intended to include light training and basic preparatory work throughout July and August–with most of the time commitment occurring once fall classes resume.
- Estimated hours per week: 5-15 varying by week
- Attend a handful of training sessions in the summer
- Work directly under managers from MobilizeU, Earth Day Network’s higher education outreach campaign
- Join weekly meetings with MobilizeU staff for continued trainings and check-ins throughout September and October
- Complete extensive outreach and engagement work every week via in-person tabling/flyering (if feasible), social media, emails, phone calls, texting, etc.
- Be effective campaigner whether or not classes are held in-person for the fall semester
- Contribute creativity and innovative ideas
- Enrolled in a university in one of the following states: AZ, GA, FL, MI, NC, OH, PA, or WI
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High energy and passion for protecting the planet, people, and social justice
- Experience with social media and outreach is preferred, but not required
- Valuable resume and leadership experience in campaign organizing. Involvement in the 2020 election will prove influential for a future career in advocacy and/or politics.
- Small stipend may become available for those who complete training and can maintain a successful campaign
- A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to help shape the direction of American history
Application Details: Apply as soon as possible as positions are filling quickly; students will be accepted on a rolling basis. To apply, fill out this form and email a resume to [email protected] with the subject line “Vote Earth_LAST NAME”.
Earth Day Network 2021 Spring Remote Internship
Want to save the planet? Join the world’s largest environmental movement.
Earth Day Network is looking for qualified interns with a strong interest in the environment to help fulfill its mission: mobilizing people to protect the Earth for future generations.
Earth Day Network is a nonprofit organization that works with more than 50,000 partners in 196 countries to sustain and support the modern environmental movement. Interns will work closely with EDN’s staff to write blogs, conduct research and coordinate grassroots outreach. Interns will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the workforce, bolstering their professional resumes and building connections in the environmental field.
April 22nd marks Earth Day each year. Earth Day Network interns will be vital in preparing for this event, while working toward solving climate change, ending plastic pollution and protecting endangered species — all while activating the environmental movement across the globe. The COVID-19 pandemic presents new challenges which interns will help to overcome.
Specific Responsibilities May Include:
- Supporting Earth Day Network in our efforts to connect our global network of grassroots organizations, local authorities, educators and youth
- Engaging in the day-to-day operations of Earth Day Network, including meetings, correspondence and events
- Monitoring domestic and international environmental efforts
- Participating in the planning, execution and promotion of year-round campaigns
- Creating blogs and social media posts to be published on our website and social media accounts
- Assisting in the research, evaluation and outreach to prospective and current partners
- Contributing to the coordination, resource development and planning of events, activities and programs
- A strong interest in and knowledge of current US and international environmental issues
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from an undergraduate or master’s degree program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Experience with web and multimedia design and/or development is a plus
- Proficiency in a language other than English is strongly preferred
Desired Professional Qualities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Respectful, hardworking, results oriented individual
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude that works well in a team but is also motivated, self-sufficient and can work well independently as needed
- Experience with web and multimedia design and/or development preferred
- Prior campaign experience preferred
- International background or experience, with intermediate to superior-level fluency in French, Spanish, Chinese Mandarin or Arabic preferred
This internship is unpaid. College credit can be awarded if your institution supports it. The position includes optional training in new technologies, career development talks from staff, and assistance from a committed program manager.
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill in the subject line as: 2021 Spring — [Last Name].
Start Date*: January 11th or 18th, 2021
End Date*: May 7th, 2021
*Please note start and end dates are flexible depending on candidate’s semester schedule.