Diversity Outreach Coordinator
Earth Day Network Description:
Earth Day Network’s mission is to broaden and diversify the worldwide environmental movement and to mobilize it as the most effective vehicle to build a healthy, sustainable environment, address climate change, and protect the Earth for future generations. Earth Day Network is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with more than 50,000 partners in 196 countries to build environmental democracy. We work through a combination of education, public policy, and consumer campaigns to accomplish our goals.
- Support Earth Day Network’s global network, including support for environmental issues; environmental/social justice and higher education programs.
- Create an outreach plan to activate more diverse participation in Earth Day events.
- In collaboration with program staff, direct outreach to underrepresented communities, including African American and Hispanic populations.
- Coordinate with VoteEarth on voter registration, education and get out the vote efforts.
- In collaboration with program staff, coordinate directly with climate change groups in order to build Earth Day participation.
- Assist in the development and distribution of Earth Day event toolkits for external partners.
- Coordinate interns work to execute outreach plan.
- Contribute to the coordination, resource development, and planning of events and activities.
- Engage in the day-to-day operations of Earth Day Network, including meetings, correspondence and events.
- And additional activities in support of the 50th anniversary campaign.
- Previous experience in public outreach and/or public engagement
- A strong interest in and knowledge of current environmental issues at the domestic and international level
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Campaign experience is a plus
- International background or experience and a second language are a plus
This is a full-time temporary position at Earth Day Network’s Washington, DC, headquarters. This position requires immediate start and concludes December 1, 2020. There may be the possibility of an extension.
Salary and Benefits:
EDN offers competitive salary commensurate with experience and a complete benefits package including paid vacation, sick leave, and retirement.
Send letter of interest, resume, and writing sample to [email protected]
Earth Day Network 2020 Spring Internship
Want to save the planet? Join the world’s largest environmental movement.
Earth Day Network is looking for qualified interns with a strong interest in the environment to help fulfill its mission: mobilizing people to protect the Earth for future generations.
Earth Day Network is a nonprofit organization that works with more than 50,000 partners in 196 countries to sustain and support the modern environmental movement. Interns will work closely with EDN’s staff to write blogs, conduct research and coordinate grassroots outreach. Interns will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the workforce, bolstering their professional resumes and building connections in the environmental field.
April 22nd, 2020 marks the 50th anniversary of Earth Day. Earth Day Network interns will be vital in preparing for this event, while working toward solving climate change, ending plastic pollution and protecting endangered species — all while activating the environmental movement across the globe.
Specific Responsibilities May Include:
- Supporting Earth Day Network in our efforts to connect our global network of grassroots organizations, local authorities, educators and youth
- Engaging in the day-to-day operations of Earth Day Network, including meetings, correspondence and events
- Monitoring domestic and international environmental efforts
- Participating in the planning, execution and promotion of year-round campaigns
- Creating blogs and social media posts to be published on our website and social media accounts
- Assisting in the research, evaluation and outreach to prospective and current partners
- Contributing to the coordination, resource development and planning of events, activities and programs
- A strong interest in and knowledge of current US and international environmental issues
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from an undergraduate or master’s degree program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Experience with web and multimedia design and/or development is a plus
- Proficiency in a language other than English is strongly preferred
Desired Professional Qualities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Respectful, hardworking, results oriented individual
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude that works well in a team but is also motivated, self-sufficient and can work well independently as needed
- Experience with web and multimedia design and/or development preferred
- Prior campaign experience preferred
- International background or experience, with intermediate to superior-level fluency in French, Spanish, Chinese Mandarin or Arabic preferred
This internship is unpaid. College credit can be awarded if your institution supports it.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates must fill out this application and should email a resume and cover letter in a single PDF to our education associate at [email protected] Please fill in the subject line as: 2020Spring_Last Name.
Start Date: January 6th, 2020 End Date: June 1st, 2020
*Please note start and end dates are flexible depending on candidate’s semester schedule
Equal Employment Opportunity – Non-Discrimination Policy
EDN is an equal opportunity employer. This means that employment decisions at EDN are based on job-related qualifications and skills. EDN is committed to recruiting and hiring qualified employees without regard to race, ancestry, color, sex, marital status, family responsibilities, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, personal appearance, political affiliation, age, religion, national origin, veteran status, citizenship, disability or any other trait protected under applicable local, state or federal law.