Global Director Earth Day Job Description
Position Type: Full Time
Compensation: $94,000 – $109,000 depending on experience and location
EARTHDAY.ORG (EDO) is seeking a Global Director of Earth Day. EDO’s mission is to build a responsive and permanent grassroots infrastructure for the environmental and climate movement. The Director will coordinate EDO’s annual global Earth Day campaigns and outreach efforts starting with Earth Day 2023. The Director will be responsible for designing and implementing a global strategy to accomplish major substantive goals and coordinating and promoting millions of actions that will reach and mobilize more than a billion people. The Earth Day Director will coordinate with Senior Management and EDO’s Development, Education, and Communications staff on all program efforts.
All EDN staff are responsible for articulating and contributing to an inspired vision for the organization; taking projects from concept to lift-off to completion; learning and adapting from experience; listening and working as a team to generate and implement new ideas; building relationships to bridge differences and find common grounds with people inside and outside of the organization at all levels of society; communicating effectively, orally and in writing; and demonstrating exemplary levels of personal integrity and leadership.
· With senior management team, design, develop and lead the global campaign for Earth Day.
· Manage outreach to and grow EDO’s global network of non-profit leaders, multilaterals, public officials, and organizations
· Research, identify, and recruit new international partners and coalitions to support Earth Day and EDO’s year-round campaigns including entities such as: government agencies, international and domestic NGOs, corporations, unions, and education constituencies.
· Writing, implementing, and managing MOU’s and partnership agreements as well as signing authority.
· Coordinate regular meetings with EDO program and international staff to ensure a shared and strategic vision for Earth Day
· Develop and coordinate events, activities, community service, etc. for international and domestic partners
· Prepare and maintain campaign timelines and ensure the campaigns are delivered according to agreed-upon timelines and within budget.
· Serve as an EDO representative and spokesperson
· Research and create web content, communications and materials for EDO’s campaigns that are culturally relevant for international and domestic audiences.
· Regularly report on progress of each campaign and ensure that goals and objectives are met in a timely fashion.
· Oversee and/or write blogs, social media posts and reports on programs for media outlets.
· Assist with fundraising efforts for the campaign.
· Manage media monitoring systems and lead analysis and reporting of impact, reach and engagement of campaigns.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Competencies:
· Energetic and well-rounded campaigner or communicator with at least five years of project management and international campaign experience
· Proven track record in developing successful campaigns at scale (political, consumer or public)
· Excellent communications skills, both written and oral and experience in cross-cultural communications
· Experience in new media strategies and ability to implement new media campaigns
· Strong analytical abilities and experience in media research, monitoring and evaluation required
· Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget
· Demonstrated leadership, team and innovation skills
· Background in communications, media, business or politics in an emerging economy is a strong plus
· Knowledge of and experience with development, social justice and/or environmental issues
· Degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent required
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required, including an excellent ability to coordinate multi-office (around the globe), international activities, and to work in a virtual team; must be patient, tenacious and able to work well under pressure
· Excellent command of English; other languages an asset
· Demonstrated commitment to environmental and social justice and values.
· Ability to create partnerships with a variety of high level and grassroots organizations.
· Ability to travel
Location: The position may be remote or work out of our Washington D.C. (hybrid).
To apply: Please send your letter of interest and resume in pdf format with subject line: “Application for the Global Director Position” to [email protected]. This position is open until filled.
EARTHDAY.ORG is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search.