Vice President Partnerships & Programs
Type of Position: Full Time
Compensation: $125,000 to $150,000
EARTHDAY.ORG (EDO) is seeking a Vice President of Partnerships and Programs who will work closely with the senior management to coordinate staff efforts both in the Washington, DC headquarters and with regional and country directors around the world.
We are seeking a highly motivated and an organized professional who cares deeply about the environment with experience in: international environmental programs; global environmental issues; designing and managing effective outreach programs; creating innovative partnerships; working with senior NGO and government officials; interacting with a wide range of audiences; fundraising and working both independently and as part of a team.
RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing the programs and strategic plan of the organization.
- Building and overseeing high-level partnerships across program directors and managers.
- Assists in recruiting new Earth Day partners, including entities such as: government agencies, international and domestic NGOs, corporations, unions, and education constituencies to serve as EDO partners and host Earth Day events around the world.
- Writing, implementing, and managing MOU’s and partnership agreements as well as signing authority.
- Coordinating regular meetings with EDO program and interntional staff to ensure a shared and strategic vision for Earth Day.
- Coordinating regular meetings with EDO senior leadership to ensure regular communication of staff achievements and initiatives.
- Hiring, training, and overseeing program and international staff.
- Serving as an EDO representative and spokesperson.
- Overseeing the management of departmental budgets and grant contracts.
- Fundraising in coordination with development team.
- Excellent organizational skills with strong attention to detail.
- Both resilience and a sense of humor.
- Required to travel as necessary and approved by EDO President.
- Additional activities that will contribute to improving the environment.
SKILLS: Excellent written and oral communication skills; exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask; flexibility as programs evolve. Professional skills in planning, delegating, program development, and task facilitation. Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff.
WORK EXPERIENCE: At least eight years of organizing experience required; international work experience is highly preferred.
EDUCATION: Master’s degree or equivalent experience in related field required.
EDO offers a complete benefits package including: paid vacation, sick leave, and retirement. Long hours possible (especially around Earth Day and other special events); some travel required. Position is based in our DC office.
Send a letter of interest, and resume to Linda Moore, Director of Operations, at [email protected], with the email subject line reading ‘VPpartnerships_LastName’.
EARTHDAY.ORG is an Equal Opportunity Employer