Earth Day will utilize the platform of its 50th anniversary to activate the citizens of the world to influence governments and businesses to address the problem of oil-based plastics, as a source of carbon emissions and as a pollutant affecting people and the environment.
We invite you to join us so we can collectively move toward a resolution to this problem.
What Earth Day Network brings to the table:
- A brand that is globally recognized
- A platform that mobilizes over a billion people each year
- The capacity to convene actors across issues and political points of view
Solving this problem will require:
- Corporations and governments leading the way to a future free from harmful oil-based plastics
- A global treaty to tackle the world’s plastics problem
- Local and national policies and efforts to ban single-use plastics
- Community-based solutions to reduce the use of plastics and promote re-use or recycling, when energy efficient
- Increased and well-funded research and development, and new technologies to build a new materials paradigm
- Heightened awareness and education among consumers regarding the consequences of their actions when they choose to use plastic products
- Broad-based recognition of the social justice issues surrounding plastic pollution and its disproportionateimpact on the world’s poor
To that end, we will be launching a major global plastics campaign and Earth Day Network is looking for partners to engage and collaborate with. We want to hear what’s important to you.
Join the movement
Spread the Word