Type of position: Full time
Compensation: $70,000 to $80,000
EARTHDAY.ORG (EDO) is looking for a highly-motivated creative and technical Website Manager responsible for all aspects of overseeing our website, ensuring it is up to date, engaging, and advances the mission and vision of the organization. The ideal candidate will have experience with website design (UX) and technical development, troubleshooting, as well as a strong understanding of search engine optimization and analytics.
The person in this role will work with a variety of different organizational staff and ensure that all web-related projects are completed in a timely manner and to the highest possible standards. This is a hybrid position, in-office in Washington D.C. at least 2 days/week, and reports to the Chief Creative and Content Officer.
- Lead the creation of site content and features to continually improve the website user experience and support the organization’s goals and strategies.
- Manage the website’s content, including writing new content, creating new pages and functionality, implementing/maintaining/sunsetting plugins and bespoke code solutions, editing and auditing existing content, and removing outdated content
- Stay up to date with the latest web design and development trends and technologies. Identify ways to improve website UX, identifying and fulfilling opportunities for website improvement based on user feedback and performance metrics
- Identify and troubleshoot website technical issues. Ensure website functionality and perform software updates. Update website coding frequently as needed.
- Monitor, assess, and report on website performance. Monitor site analytics and develop monitoring dashboards for performance tracking. Work closely with internal teams to advise on Web Analytics data use & strategy, and content development
- Increase traffic and engagement to the website. Apply SEO and SEM best practices and strategies
- Develop scripts and code centered on digital attribution, user tracking and tag management. Assist with social media campaigns and other marketing efforts. Manage pay-per-click and search engine optimization campaigns
- Facilitate website integrations with Nation Builder / CRM platforms.
- Ensure domain registration and hosting are current
- Monitor for website security breaches and respond to them as needed
- Complete tests to ensure website efficiency and quality
- Evaluate competitors’ websites, and follow industry best practices
- 3+ years of experience in web design and development with proven experience successfully managing and update websites
- Strong working knowledge and experience with Content Management Systems and in particular WordPress
- Demonstrated experience with web design and UX
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (eg Google Analytics)
- In-depth understanding and applications of SEO (Search Engine Optimization) / SEM (Search Engine Marketing)
- Knowledge of current trends in web development and cross-browser/mobile compatibility issues and workarounds
- Experience converting business requirements to technical solutions
- Strong attention to detail, excellent verbal skills, self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree in web design, web development, or related a plus
EDO offers a complete benefits package including: paid vacation, sick leave, and retirement. Long hours possible (especially around Earth Day and other special events); some travel required. Position is based in our DC office.
Please send your letter of interest and resume in pdf format with subject line: “Application for Website Manager” to [email protected] This position is open until filled. EARTHDAY.ORG is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search.
EARTHDAY.ORG’s mission is to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide. Growing out of the first Earth Day in 1970, EDO is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with more than 150,000 partners in over 192 countries to drive positive action for our planet.