MobilizeU Associate Job Description
Position Type: Full Time, seasonal (through May 31, 2024)
Compensation: $4600 per month
As the MobilizeU Associate for EARTHDAY.ORG, you will work alongside the MobilizeU Coordinator to activate university students, professors, and campus sustainability managers across all forms of postsecondary institutions to fully engage in groundbreaking environmental initiatives for Earth Day and throughout the year. Your paramount responsibility will be to oversee the online outreach efforts of the MobilizeU program through web resources, social media, and other communication channels. This position will report to the MobilizeU Coordinator and head of National Campaigns and work closely with members of the programs, digital, & communications teams. This role presents an exceptional opportunity to drive meaningful change and create a lasting impact by empowering the higher education community to embrace sustainability and become champions of environmental stewardship.
● Engage with student activists online and provide them with EDO resources and opportunities.
● Recruit students on campuses across the United States to work with EDO.
● Showcase the EDO’s work across campuses specifically to student communities.
● Create content for blogs and social media highlighting EDO higher education programs and initiatives.
● Communicate with the global network through email newsletters and public forum posts.
● Connect with strategic higher education partners to engage them with all aspects of the 2024 campaign
● Work with university students, professors, and administrators to ensure participation in Earth Day and year-round programs on college campuses.
● Spearhead the student outreach program for MobilizeU through social media like tik-tok, instagram, threads, snapchat, twitter, and other platforms.
● Support the growth in number and diversity of EDO’s higher education partners.
● Coordinate the organization of all global university partners for Earth Day and beyond.
● Conduct research and assisting in creation, web resources, and other supporting materials including frameworks for global Teach-In events.
● Organize regularly scheduled webinars/meetings with campus partners and student organizers.
● Work with the head of National Campaigns and other members of the senior staff to develop strategic goals for your campaign.
● Occasional travel may be required.
● Additional activities in support of protection of the environment
● Currently enrolled or recently graduated from an undergraduate or master’s degree program.
● Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively engage and inspire university students.
● Experience in producing graphics and content for social media like tik-tok, instagram, threads, snapchat, twitter, and other platforms.
● Passion for environmental conservation and a strong commitment to promoting Earth Day and sustainable practices on university campuses.
● Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
● Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
● Respectful, hardworking, results oriented individual
● Enthusiastic, positive attitude that works well in a team but is also motivated, self-sufficient and can work well independently as needed
About EDO: EARTHDAY.ORG’s mission is to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide. Growing out of the first Earth Day in 1970, EDO is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with partners in over 192 countries to drive positive action for our planet.
To apply: Please send your resume in pdf format with subject line: “Application for University Program Coordinator Position” to [email protected]. This position is open until filled. EARTHDAY.ORG is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search.