Earth Day Network is seeking a Food and the Environment Campaign Coordinator to help build and implement its Foodprints for the Future campaign. As EDN’s Food and Environment Campaign Coordinator, you will help EDN create greater awareness of the diet-climate change connection through education, communications, public policy and grassroots actions. You will help build beneficial coalitions, collaborate with internal teams and help manage media relations. You will report to Michelle Pawliger, Director, Food and the Environment Programs.
As a member of the Foodprints for the Future team, the campaign coordinator is in part responsible for developing relationships with students, dining services, and administrators, as well as alternative education institutions. The coordinator will also help with media relations, web content, and research projects.
Applicants should be passionate about these issues, energetic, knowledgeable about social-media tactics, metrics-driven, with an ability to analyze and interpret results to maximize engagement and drive action. We are seeking an individual who is detail-oriented, creative, and collaborative, with a strong background in grassroots organizing, youth engagement, and day-to-day project management.
- Developing and maintaining close working relationships on college campuses.
- Outreach to high-schools, college sustainability offices and student group.
- Collaborate with internal teams (communications, development, education, etc.) to ensure Foodprints materials are disseminated to a wide audience.
- Integrate plant-based connections with issues of species protection and human health.
- Contribute relevant plant-based and sustainability research as well as key language and lead creation of communications, marketing, educational tools, and other campaign components.
- Identify, foster and execute relationships and partnerships with relevant stakeholders in the plant-based space, environmental communities, appropriate corporate partners, and others.
- Help plan and implement social media tactics to increase student engagement.
- Assist in tracking and monitoring success of the program.
- Energetic and well-rounded campaigner or communicator with one to three years of grassroots organizing.
- Proven track record with successful campaigns at scale (political, consumer or public).
- Excellent communications skills, both written and oral and experience in cross-cultural communications.
- Experience in new media strategies and ability to implement new media campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver projects on time and within budget.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills required, including an excellent ability to coordinate multi-office efforts.
- Demonstrated commitment to environmental and social justice values.
- Knowledge of and experience with development, social justice and/or environmental issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent required.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
EDN offers competitive salary commensurate with experience and a complete benefits package including: paid vacation, sick leave, and retirement.
Send a letter of interest, and resume to [email protected] with the subject line: Food/Environment Campaign Coordinator – Last Name
ABOUT EARTH DAY NETWORK:
Earth Day Network (EDN), www.earthday.org, is a driving force steering environmental awareness around the world. Our mission is to grow and diversify the environmental movement worldwide, and to mobilize it as the most effective vehicle for promoting a healthy, sustainable planet. We pursue our mission through education, politics, events, and consumer activism.
EDN reaches over 1 billion people through our partnerships with over 50,000 organizations and hundreds of thousands of teachers/educators and students in more than 190 countries with our engaging resources, campaigns, and programs year-round.
Earth Day Network is an Equal Opportunity Employer