51 Actions for the 51st Earth Day in 51 Days
March 2, 2021
Wide-ranging list of activities shows there’s no shortage of ways to make a difference 51 days out from Earth Day
WASHINGTON, D.C. (March 2, 2021) – The 51st annual Earth Day, which takes place April 22, is now officially 51 days away. The theme chosen for this year’s global day of activism is “Restore Our Earth” which takes on an expansive set of global issues, including climate literacy, reforestation, and regenerative agriculture, to name a few.
More than one billion people in 192 countries now participate in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world. Earth Day continues to be a momentous and unifying day each and every year, with a myriad of ways to participate, whether it be contributing to those large-scale global initiatives, or taking smaller everyday steps toward a more environmentally conscious life.
Terra Pascarosa, U.S. Earth Day National Campaign Director, stated, “On Earth Day, and every day, there are many ways for individuals around the world to take action and make our shared home a more sustainable and healthy place to live. We do not have the luxury of time when it comes to combating climate change – we all need to act, and act quickly. Take action today using our 51 Ways to Restore Our Earth!”
So, how can you support the mission of Earth Day and take part in Restoring Our Earth? There are a variety of impactful actions you can take between now and April 22:
- Advocate for governments to make climate change and climate literacy a core feature of school curriculum across the globe. Sign our petition, and write to your local representative.
- Donate to The Canopy Project to save the trees! For every $1 that is donated, one tree is planted.
- Support the Great Global Cleanup and pick up trash while enjoying your outdoor activities.
- Save the butterflies and bees! Help contribute to meaningful scientific research on pollinator populations through the Global Earth Challenge mobile app. It’s as easy as snapping a picture.
- Calculate your personal plastic consumption, then use EARTHDAY.ORG’s tips to help break free from single-use plastics!
- Change your diet to fight climate change! Try some plant-based recipes.
- Watch the global livestream event, Earth Day Live, on Earth Day with workshops, panels, and performances from around the world, featuring world climate leaders, grassroots activists, nonprofit innovators, thought leaders, industry leaders, artists, musicians, and more.
The full list of 51 actions you can take to help Restore Our Earth can be found here.
For more information about Earth Day 2021, please visit: https://www.earthday.org/earth-day-2021/
EARTHDAY.ORG’s mission is to diversify, educate, and activate the environmental movement worldwide. Growing out of the first Earth Day (1970), EARTHDAY.ORG is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with more than 50,000 partners in nearly 192 countries to build environmental democracy. More than 1 billion people now participate in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world. Learn more at: https://www.earthday.org
Olivia Altman [email protected]