Main partners for Earth Day 2020 in Nepal, who have committed to celebrate Earth Day include:
- Youth for Environment Education and Development (YFEED)
- NAMI College
- Nepalese Youth for Climate Action (NYCA)
- Department of Education (for outreach to schools)
- Ministry of Environment
- Global Peace Foundation
- National Campaign for Sustainable Development
- Kasthamandap Cleanup
- Jagriti Children and Youth Concern
Throughout the year 2019, programs were conducted with one and more of the above mentioned partners like the environmental education programs, cleanups. The recently concluded Kathmandu Climate Talk in January 2020 was conducted in partnership with NAMI College and YFEED.
Two major programs in Nepal for Earth Day 2020 will include:
- Working with the Department of Education across all schools in Nepal to commemorate Earth Rise campaign. The Director, School Education Standardisation section has committed to issue a circular to all schools to commemorate programs for Earth Day.
- Work with Kasthamandap Cleanup and founder of the NGO, Mr. Kepi Khanal who is an 18-year-old environment activist. He has received National Youth Award 2018 and has around 169,991 followers in Facebook and 13.2K followers in Instagram. Mr. Kepi has agreed to support nation-wide cleanup drives as part of Great Global Cleanup.