Global Leaders, Activists, Actors And Musicians Join EARTHDAY.ORG’s Second-Annual “Earth Day Live: Restore Our Earth” Digital Livestream Event
April 8, 2021
Featuring Pope Francis, AJR, Patricia Espinosa, Michael Regan
Washington, D.C. — To spur climate action and bring awareness to humanity’s greatest existential threat, EARTHDAY.ORG will bring together activists, educators, researchers, musicians, artists, influencers and more for its second-annual Earth Day Live: Restore Our Earth digital livestream event. Parallel to the Biden Administration’s global climate summit, the event will feature panel discussions, films, and special musical performances that explore the natural processes, emerging green technologies, and innovative thinking that can restore the world’s ecosystems.
Earth Day 2021 is a critical stepping stone to spur climate action worldwide. Building on the incredible success of last year’s event which drew over 8.5 million viewers, Earth Day Live: Restore Our Earth will be streamed live at 12PM ET on April 22 via earthday.org, Facebook, Twitter, Twitch, YouTube, and GEM-TV.
Additionally, TED Countdown is joining forces with EARTHDAY.ORG, creating several original TED Talks to premiere during the livestream and providing additional top-tier climate content by leaders in the space. TED will also engage with Earth Day Live: Restore Our Earth across social and digital media to further amplify our shared messages.
“At the heart of Earth Day’s 2021 theme, Restore Our Earth, is optimism, a critically needed sentiment in a world ravaged by both climate change and the pandemic. Restoring Our Earth is about solving climate change through the world’s natural systems, such as regenerative agriculture practices and reforestation, as well as through existing and safe technologies. Restoring our planet will also require the commitment of our world’s leaders to support climate literacy and civic skill building so that we can create a global engaged and active citizenry, a green consumer movement, and an economy that is just and equitable across all countries and across all demographics,” said Kathleen Rogers, EARTHDAY.ORG President.
The initial announcement of incredible participants for this year’s event includes:
- AJR, Band
- His Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco
- Alexandria Villasenor, Founder of Earth Uprising and Youth Climate Activist
- Amita N. Vyas, PhD, MHS, Professor at George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health and Director of the Center of Excellence in Maternal and Child Health
- Andrea Illy, Chairman of illycaffè
- Brothers Osborne and Lucie Silvas, Musicians
- Caue Suplicy, Founder and Chairman of Barnana
- Chris Packham, Award-Winning Conservationist, Photographer and Author
- Sen. Edward Markey (D-MA)
- Elizabeth Whitlow, Executive Director, Regenerative Organic Certified
- Gabriel Quijandría, Minister of the Environment, Peru
- Grace Potter, Musician
- Haldis Holst, Deputy General Secretary of Education International
- Heba Alfarra, United Nations Environment Champion of the Earth for West Asia and Founder of Women in Energy & Environment at MENA Region
- Ibrahim Thiaw, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Convention to Combat Desertification
- James Gaspard, CEO of Biochar Now LLC
- Justin Kamine, Co-Founder and Partner of KDC Agriculture and EARTHDAY.ORG Board Member
- Kristen Bell, Actress and Producer
- Marianne Williamson, Author
- Mary Steenburgen, Actor and Musician
- Michael S. Regan, EPA Administrator
- Dr. Michael Greger, Founder of NutritionFacts.org, Physician, Plant-based diet Advocate
- Mike Berners-Lee, Researcher and Writer
- Patricia Espinosa, Executive Secretary of the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change
- His Holiness Pope Francis
- Ricky Kej, Grammy® Award Winner
- Simon Robson, Award-Winning Animation Director, and Environmental Activist
- Stuart Pimm, PhD, Doris Duke Professor of Conservation Ecology at Duke University’s Nicholas School of the Environment and Founder and President of Saving Nature
- Dr. Sweta Chakraborty, Risk and Behavioral Scientist
- Terry Spahr, Producer of 8 Billion Angels and Executive Director of Earth Overshoot
For more information on Earth Day Live and Earth Day 2021, please visit: https://www.earthday.org/earth-day-2021/
EARTHDAY.ORG would like to thank Aspiration, Barnana, Biochar Now, Climeworks, Delos, Keep America Beautiful, Pure ETCR, skpgen.com, and 8 Billion Angels for their support.
EARTHDAY.ORG’s mission is to diversify, educate, and activate the environmental movement worldwide. Growing out of the first Earth Day (1970), EARTHDAY.ORG is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with more than 150,000 partners in nearly 192 countries to build environmental democracy. More than 1 billion people now participate in Earth Day activities each year, making it the largest civic observance in the world. Learn more at earthday.org.
EARTHDAY.ORG Press Contact: Olivia Altman, [email protected]