Divestment: What You Need to Know
February 13, 2015
1. Divestment has support: Individuals with over $50 billion in collective assets have already pledged to divest.
2. The students of today are the leaders of tomorrow: More and more universities worldwide are getting involved in powerful divestment campaigns.
3. Leave fossil fuel reserves alone: Burning fossil fuel unchecked will exacerbating climate change to a point of no return.
4. The oil industry has unchecked wealth: The oil industry is too profitable to regulate themselves. Divestment will limit the vast financial capital of giant oil companies.
5. The technology exists: The U.S. can be powered using solar, wind, and geothermal energy. Investment in clean energy will provide jobs and stimulate sustainable economic growth