Main partners for Bangladesh, who have partnered with Earth Day Network and shown commitment to celebrate Earth Day include:
- Edward M. Kennedy (EMK) Center
- Youth Environment and Social Development Society (YESDS)
- UL VS Bangaldesh Ltd.
- Bibi Russell, noted fashion designer and international model
Other potential partner organizations include Youthnet for Climate Justice, Bangladesh Model Youth Parliament, University of Barishal, UNICEF Chittagong, Association of Baptists, Action Aid, Stanford University, British Council among many others.
Some of the main programs conducted in partnership with these partners include:
- Climate Talks–Prior to COP in Madrid, our Bangladesh coordinator organized successful Climate Talks, meant to provide a platform to youth activists, policymakers, NGOs, academics, media, and civil society to talk on environmental issues. Two such talks included Chittagong Climate Talk 2019 and Dhaka Climate Talk 2019. In both these events, our coordinator, Zuhair promoted EDN activities in Bangladesh and reached out to the multipliers.
- Green Entrepreneurship Development Workshop—To bring out indigenous knowledge and best practices for sustaining environmental actions taken by youth and find out creating more green jobs in Bangladesh, EDN coordinator partnered with Oxfam and YESDS (Youth Environment and Social Development Society). The workshop was held at CCDB hope center, Ashulia, Savar on November 22-23, 2019, wherein 20 youth from 5 different regions of Bangladesh were trained by our coordinator along with partners.
- Dhaka Plog Run 2019—With the lead from India’s Plog Run, United Way is extending support for one of the biggest plogging events in Dhaka. The plog run is a part of Great Global Cleanup campaign and is being organized at Gulshan Lake, at a total stretch of around 2 kms. This cleanup drive is being funded by local corporate UL VS Bangladesh Ltd.