Executive Assistant Job Description
Position Type: Full Time
All EARTHDAY.ORG staff are responsible for articulating and contributing to an inspired vision for the organization; taking projects from concept to lift-off to completion; learning and adapting from experience; listening and working as a team to generate and implement new ideas; building relationships to bridge differences and find common grounds with people inside and outside of the organization at all levels of society; communicating effectively, orally and in writing; and demonstrating exemplary levels of personal integrity and leadership.
As EDO’s Executive Assistant you will work closely to provide comprehensive administrative and proactive executive support to the President and senior staff to anticipate and coordinate a variety of needs for the environmental movement. This includes communicating our priorities and program initiatives, and inspiring current and new audiences to engage with and support EARTHDAY.ORG in its mission to diversify, educate, and activate the environmental movement worldwide.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Function with a high level of judgment to provide a wide-range of executive assistance to the President especially in the areas of managing priorities, work flow, screening in-coming emails, phone calls and documents, preparing responses and ensuring the smooth delivery of services.
- Work as a surrogate for President and Vice President with partners and prospective partners to engage them in Earth Day’s programs and campaigns.
- Coordinate the time management and scheduling on behalf of the President to include effective prioritizing and resolving related conflicts and competing demands.
- Draft correspondence and other materials based on high quality and time sensitive research and ensure that all documents requiring signature are of high quality and adhere to administrative operational guidelines.
- Handle logistical planning for virtual and in person meetings or equivalent events with country delegations, Board members, donors, high level partners and staff/management.
- Demonstrate judgment, tact, diplomacy and discretion in conducting or answering and/or redirecting inquiries to appropriate sources and in dealing with sensitive or highly confidential matters, making decisions when multiple courses of action are possible.
- Oversee the smooth and effective administrative support for the Senior VP and collaborate with the other staff to develop a high level of teamwork.
- Some travel possible.
Additional activities in support of the environment.
Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; exceptional organizational skills and ability to multitask
Work experience: One year of formal or non-formal administrative experience; executive assistant experience preferred
To apply: Please send your letter of interest and resume in pdf format with subject line: “Application for Executive Assistant Position” to [email protected]. This position is open until filled. EARTHDAY.ORG is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search.