Development Coordinator Job Description:
In partnership with the Director of Development, the Development Coordinator will play a critical role in supporting EARTHDAY.ORG’s development efforts. This opportunity is ideal for someone interested in gaining experience in all facets of nonprofit development and truly making an impact in their day-to-day life.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Work with the Director of Development on creating an annual development calendar to ensure year-round engagement and stewardship of individual and institutional funders.
- Assist Director of Development in determining appropriate systems to ensure accurate processing and fulfilling of all donations, the accuracy and management of donor records and files, reporting, and prompt donor acknowledgement.
- Assist Director of Development with developing, implementing, and interpreting operating policies and procedures for development.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in database.
- Ensure data integrity within EDO.
- Run reports and analyze data to share with the Director of Development.
- Generate and track acknowledgement letters.
- Monitor external donation portals to ensure prompt acknowledgement.
- Ensure the appropriate follow-up occurs with donors.
- Develop content for communications with donors.
- Assist with donor outreach.
- Remain up to date on industry best practices for stewardship and cultivation.
- Perform prospect research to look for new funding opportunities.
- Assist in writing proposals and reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree (BA, BS, etc.) and 1-2 years of relevant experience or 4+ years of experience in lieu of degree.
- Prior development experience is preferred.
- Experience with CRM databases, especially NationBuilder, is a plus.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office software, especially PowerPoint, Word, and Excel.
- Graphic design experience preferred.
- Passionate about the EARTHDAY.ORG mission.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and a commitment to representing EARTHDAY.ORG with enthusiasm, warmth, and professionalism.
- Superior tact, discretion, maturity, and judgment in handling highly sensitive, often confidential information.
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and to multitask and manage multiple projects and assignments often with competing deadlines.
- Work well in a team setting and great time management skills.
- Excellent critical thinking, problem solving, organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to occasionally work during the weekend or evening.
- This is a sedentary position, in which you may occasionally need to lift and carry books or files up to 10 pounds.
To apply, please send your letter of interest, resume, and desired salary to [email protected]