Update: Earth Day 50 Goes Digital!
We understand the challenges that you and your communities may be facing as a result of COVID-19. Above all, we prioritize your health.
Because of these circumstances, April 22 will mark the first Digital Earth Day, a global digital mobilization to address the most urgent threats to people and the planet. Explore the new digital EARTHRISE strategic plan, framed around the acronym S.A.V.E.– Speak up, Act, Vote, and Educate.
As long as we work together, we can persevere through anything — whether it be the COVID-19 pandemic or the climate crisis. To remain up-to-date, please ensure you receive MobilizeU newsletters and feel free to contact us at [email protected]
MANY CAMPUSES MAY BE CLOSED, BUT STUDENTS AND FACULTY WILL STILL BE ACTIVE THIS EARTH DAY. FIND OUT HOW:
Earth Day Network strengthens the environmental movement among the next generation of leaders: college students.
Launched in 2012, MobilizeU aims to create an international network of motivated students and administrators. MobilizeU empowers college organizations and students to make a difference on their campuses while also encouraging universities and colleges to set an example for the rest of the higher education community to follow.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED:
- Commit to vote. And Commit to #VoteEarth
- Register to vote! Or, double-check you are registered properly. Do so here.
- Encourage 10 of your friends to register and commit to #VoteEarth too!
- Bring the power of Earth Day to your college, connecting your campus to the global environmental movement
- Be our on-the-ground EARTHRISE contact: increase turnout and support on Earth Day 2020
- Gain access to our resources for planning events and educating peers
- Contribute to the success of the 50th anniversary of Earth Day
- Our network of sustainability departments at colleges and universities around the world
- Offers an opportunity for institutions to showcase their sustainability initiatives, while also being encouraged to do more
- Green Campus partners serve as inspiration for universities worldwide, especially in regards to Earth Day 2020 events
REGISTER YOUR UNIVERSITY AS A GREEN CAMPUS OR BECOME A STUDENT AMBASSADOR TODAY:
Organizing an Earth Day event is just one way to drive change. MobilizeU connects teachers and students with the tools they need to host teach-ins, organize cleanups, start sustainability clubs and promote plant-based initiatives on their campuses and in their communities.
MobilizeU highlights institutions and individuals taking the lead on sustainability initiatives and partners with them through its Green Campus and Student Ambassador programs.
Earth Day Network recognizes the power, innovation and organizing capacity of students across the planet. Harnessing this energy, we can unite around a common interest of environmental action and continue to work toward a healthier planet. Together we can make a difference.
University of Virginia President Jim Ryan addresses the important role colleges play in Earth Day:
Want to stay up to date on MobilizeU resources?
Follow us on Twitter:
Our resources will help you organize your own environmental teach-in in your local community.
We increase awareness and build environmental and climate literacy in students around the world.