Climate and Environmental Literacy
EARTHDAY.ORG™ strengthens the environmental movement among the next generation of leaders: college students.
Launched in 2012, MobilizeU aims to create an international network of motivated students and administrators. MobilizeU empowers college organizations and students to make a difference on their campuses while also encouraging universities and colleges to set an example for the rest of the higher education community to follow.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED:
- Bring the power of Earth Day to your college year round, connecting your campus to the global environmental movement
- Create a strong, influential #VoteEarth campaign
- Take advantage of MobilizeU guidance and resources to improve sustainability on your campus
- Get valuable resume experience in campaign organizing
- Our network of sustainability departments at colleges and universities around the world
- Offers an opportunity for institutions to showcase their sustainability initiatives, while also being encouraged to do more
- Green Campus partners serve as inspiration for universities worldwide
REGISTER YOUR UNIVERSITY AS A GREEN CAMPUS OR BECOME A STUDENT Organizer TODAY:
Organizing an Earth Day event is just one way to drive change. MobilizeU connects teachers and students with the tools they need to host teach-ins, organize cleanups, start sustainability clubs and promote plant-based initiatives on their campuses and in their communities.
EARTHDAY.ORG recognizes the power, innovation and organizing capacity of students across the planet. Harnessing this energy, we can unite around a common interest of environmental action and continue to work toward a healthier planet. Together we can make a difference.
University of Virginia President Jim Ryan addresses the important role colleges play in Earth Day:
Want to stay up to date on MobilizeU resources?
Follow us on Twitter:
Climate & Environmental Literacy
We increase awareness and build environmental and climate literacy in students around the world.
Our resources will help you organize your own environmental teach-in in your local community.