Want to save the planet? Join the world’s largest environmental movement.
EARTHDAY.ORG is looking for qualified interns with a strong interest in the environment to help fulfill its mission: mobilizing people to protect the Earth for future generations.
This is internship can be hybrid or remote, depending on location.
EARTHDAY.ORG is a nonprofit organization that works with more than 50,000 partners in 196 countries to sustain and support the modern environmental movement. Interns will work closely with EDO’s staff to write blogs, conduct research and coordinate grassroots outreach. Interns will have the opportunity to gain valuable experience in the workforce, bolstering their professional resumes and building connections in the environmental field.
April 22nd marks Earth Day each year. EARTHDAY.ORG interns will be vital in preparing for this event, while working toward solving climate change, ending plastic pollution, and protecting endangered species — all while activating the environmental movement across the globe. The COVID-19 pandemic presents new challenges which interns will help to overcome.
Specific Responsibilities May Include:
- Supporting EARTHDAY.ORG in our efforts to connect our global network of grassroots organizations, local authorities, educators and youth
- Engaging in the day-to-day operations of EARTHDAY.ORG, including meetings, correspondence and events
- Monitoring domestic and international environmental efforts
- Participating in the planning, execution and promotion of year-round campaigns
- Creating blogs and social media posts to be published on our website and social media accounts
- Assisting in the research, evaluation and outreach to prospective and current partners
- Contributing to the coordination, resource development and planning of events, activities and programs
- A strong interest in and knowledge of current US and international environmental issues
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from an undergraduate or master’s degree program
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Experience with web and multimedia design and/or development is a plus
- Proficiency in a language other than English is strongly preferred
Desired Professional Qualities:
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Respectful, hardworking, results oriented individual
- Enthusiastic, positive attitude that works well in a team but is also motivated, self-sufficient and can work well independently as needed
- Experience with web and multimedia design and/or development preferred
- Prior campaign experience preferred
- International background or experience, with intermediate to superior-level fluency in French, Spanish, Chinese Mandarin or Arabic preferred
This internship is unpaid. College credit can be awarded if your institution supports it. The position includes optional training in new technologies, career development talks from staff, and assistance from a committed program manager.
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should email a resume to Beatriz Woods, Internship Program Manager, at [email protected]. Instead of a cover letter, write no more than three paragraphs in the body of the email about what you want to achieve at EDO, what skills you’d like to develop, and which EDO programs interest you and why.
Please fill in the subject line as: 2023 Summer — [Last Name].
Start Date*: June 2023
End Date*: August 2023
*Dates are flexible depending on interns’ school schedules