Join UPS this April by taking part in the Great Global Cleanup!
During the month of April, UPSers can participate in The Great Global CleanUp, an initiative that aims to inspire volunteerism and achieve tangible impacts on waste in our environments.
This Earth Month, UPS is proud to support the efforts of EARTHDAY.ORG participation in The Great Global Cleanup across our network and beyond as a Covid-19 safe way to volunteer.
EARTHDAY.ORG works around the world to drive meaningful action for our planet including:
· Climate Action
· Science and Education
· Conservation and Restoration
Do a Cleanup!
Follow our Great Global Cleanup Safety Checklist before you begin.
· Cleanup on your own or with a group and report your work here!
· You can also find public cleanups available on the cleanup map, or you can look here.
· Select a location, such as a nearby park, river, or trail, to cleanup.
· Return to this page and complete your cleanup form.
· We will review your Cleanup and post it to our map within 24 hours.
Promote your volunteer activity to inspire others:
· Be sure to log your volunteer hours.
· Post a picture of your group wearing UPS gear on social media (Volunteer shirts, hats etc.)
· Tag @EarthDayNetwork and @UPS_Foundation and use #GreatGlobalCleanup so we can highlight you!
· By posting your picture on social, you could win one of 20+ cool sustainability prizes.
Fast Facts about Global Waste
Premature deaths annually caused by uncontrolled burning of household waste.
People live without any waste collection services.
Of all plastics ever produced have accumulated in the natural environment or landfills.