MobilizeU Coordinator Job Description
Position Type: Full Time
As the MobilizeU Coordinator for EARTHDAY.ORG, you will be the driving force behind activating university students, professors, and campus sustainability managers across all forms of postsecondary institutions to fully engage in groundbreaking environmental initiatives for Earth Day and throughout the year. Your paramount responsibility will be to develop and implement revolutionary strategic campaigns and cutting-edge resources that ignite action in EDO campaigns, fostering extensive participation in Earth Day and year-round programs within the higher education community. This position will report to the head of National Campaigns and work closely with members of the programs, digital, & communications teams. This role presents an exceptional opportunity to drive meaningful change and create a lasting impact by empowering the higher education community to embrace sustainability and become champions of environmental stewardship.
· Work with university students, professors, and administrators to ensure participation in Earth Day and year-round programs on college campuses.
· Support the growth in number and diversity of EDO’s higher education partners.
· Coordinate the organization of all global university partners for Earth Day and beyond.
· Conduct research and assisting in creation, web resources, and other supporting materials including frameworks for global Teach-In events.
· Connect with strategic higher education partners to engage them with all aspects of the 2020 campaign
· Communicate with the global network through email newsletters and public forum posts.
· Work with members of the Earth Day Education team to develop curricula for higher education classrooms.
· Create content for blogs and social media highlighting EDO higher education programs and initiatives.
· Organize regularly scheduled webinars/meetings with campus partners and student organizers.
· Assist in the writing of grant proposals for this program.
· Work with the head of National Campaigns and other members of the senior staff to develop strategic goals your campaign.
· Occasional travel may be required.
· Additional activities in support of protection of the environment.
· Bachelor’s degree in environmental studies, sustainability, communication, marketing, or a related field.
· At least two years of experience in campaign development, preferably in an advocacy or nonprofit setting, with a focus on engaging university communities.
· Understanding of university structures, campus sustainability initiatives, and the challenges and opportunities associated with sustainability in higher education. The ideal candidate possesses familiarity with the needs and preferences of university students and professors regarding environmental and sustainability issues.
· Passion for environmental conservation and a strong commitment to promoting Earth Day and sustainable practices on university campuses.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively engage and inspire university students, professors, and campus sustainability managers.
· Strong networking and relationship-building abilities, with a track record of successful stakeholder engagement.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously.
· Proficiency in data analysis, especially via software such as Excel, Google Drive, and Nationbuilder.
· Grant writing and fundraising experience is a plus.
About EDO: EARTHDAY.ORG’s mission is to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide. Growing out of the first Earth Day in 1970, EDO is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with partners in over 192 countries to drive positive action for our planet.
To apply: Please send your resume in pdf format with subject line: “Application for University Program Coordinator Position” to [email protected]. This position is open until filled. EARTHDAY.ORG is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search.