Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Performing prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Working with program staff to gather information necessary for proposals and reports.
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grants reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- Provide stewardship to current donors, including providing regular written updates to corporate and foundation donors.
- Understand institutional history and programs.
- Make appointments for senior management with foundation officers and other prospects.
- Maintain grant tracking and reporting information in the organization’s database and paper files.
- Track statistics relevant to development.
- Coordinate preparation and planning for donor presentations including information packets.
- Long hours possible.
- Travel required.
- College degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the environmental, conservation, clean energy or related field.
- At least three years of foundation, membership and/or individual donor fundraising experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal, supervisory strategic planning and training skills; excellent media skills; good computer skills; familiarity with database programs helpful.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people, work well under pressure, and adapt to changing situations.
To apply, please send a letter of interest, resume, and desired salary to [email protected]