Education Specialist Job Description
Type of position: Full Time
As the Education Specialist at EARTHDAY.ORG you will be instrumental in supporting our efforts to increase access to climate education. This role will be pivotal in building and maintaining our network with educators through communications, resource development, and strategic program development. This position requires a variety of skills including communications, research, and an understanding of curriculum development.
- Conduct research related to climate education to support proposals and the development of education resources such as advocacy packets, toolkits, curriculum, and surveys
- Support the Director of Education and staff in facilitating meetings, communications, and organization.
- Create creative content for social media to interact with our teacher network
- Supervise, support, and communicate with interns to guide the production and editing of resources
- Conduct research on climate education to support educator resources and grow network
- Support the operations and ongoing communication with Educators’ Network members and partners
- Support education team by attending national conferences to support EDN objective for educator outreach
- Occasional travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in education, sustainability, or a related field
- Experience working with K-12 curriculum
- Knowledge of environmental issues, and the ability to effectively translate these issues into the field of education
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and independently
- Passion for Enviromental issues and education
EARTHDAY.ORG’s mission is to diversify, educate and activate the environmental movement worldwide. Growing out of the first Earth Day in 1970, EDO is the world’s largest recruiter to the environmental movement, working with partners in over 192 countries to drive positive action for our planet.
Please send your resume in pdf format with subject line: “Application for Education Specialist position” to [email protected]. This position is open until filled. EARTHDAY.ORG is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates in this search.