Director of Development and Individual Giving Job Description:
EARTHDAY.ORG (EDO) is seeking to hire an enthusiastic, multi-talented individual who is ready to dive into a career at the largest recruiter of environmental movements worldwide. EDO’s network reaches over 150,000 partner organizations in 192 countries, coordinating millions of community development and environmental protection activities throughout the year. We are looking for a leader who will have primary responsibility for establishing and implementing the infrastructure needed to grow a five to ten million dollar budget annually through solicitation of donations, membership, special events, major gifts, and foundation support. This position will work directly with the President and Senior Vice president to build and implement a strong, diversified fundraising program.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- In coordination with senior leadership team, establish and implement the infrastructure needed to raise revenue to meet annual budgets.
- Work closely with the leadership team and Board of Directors to ensure the financial health of EDO to build and implement a strong, diversified fundraising program.
- Build a pipeline of foundation and individual donor prospects and conduct outreach in coordination with senior management and the Board of Directors, as applicable.
- Manage and oversee development and execution of foundation and individual donor proposals, including working with program staff to draft proposals; write and archive proposals with a long-term relationship-management approach.
- Oversee and conduct foundation and individual donor prospects and other funding sources and trends, with foresight, to help position EDO ahead of major funding changes or trends.
- Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to board and senior leadership.
- Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors.
- Assist with the growth and mentorship of the development team.
- Supervise EDO’s day to day funding activities and the activities of the foundation and individual donor fundraising staff and consultants.
- Work with appropriate staff to increase the fundraising potential of EDO’s website, online campaigns and e-store.
- Once agreements and grants are confirmed, work to ensure that obligations and reporting requirements are met.
- Collaborate to develop special events and projects as needed.
- College degree preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of the environmental, conservation, clean energy or related field
- At least five years of foundation, membership and/or individual donor fundraising training experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal, supervisory strategic planning and training skills; excellent media skills; good computer skills; familiarity with database programs helpful.
- Ability to work well with a wide range of people, work well under pressure, and adapt to changing situations.
- Long hours possible.
- Travel required.
To apply, please send a letter of interest, resume, and desired salary to [email protected]