Project AWARE Foundation is a registered nonprofit organization. In partnership with scuba divers and water enthusiasts, Project AWARE offices located in the United States, United Kingdom, Australia, Switzerland and Japan combine efforts to conserve aquatic resources in more than 180 countries and territories of the world.
Project AWARE Foundation conserves underwater environments through education, advocacy and action.
Project AWARE Foundation works in partnership with divers and water enthusiasts to combat challenges facing underwater environments. Project AWARE and dedicated volunteers are committed to conservation initiatives including:
- Underwater Cleanups and Marine Debris Prevention
- Coral Reef Conservation, Monitoring and Data Collection
- Shark Education, Reporting and Conservation
- Improved Management Policies and Marine Protection Efforts
- Environmental Training for Divers and Education Programs for Kids
Join the Earth Day celebrations during the week of April 22nd and put ocean protection on the Earth Day map.
- Get involved and register your Dive for Earth Day event with Project AWARE Foundation.
- Capture your love for underwater environments on video. Enter PADI’s Sea the Change video contest and show how you protect the ocean. Find contest guidelines and information at www.padi.com/SeaTheChange. The grand prize winner will receive US $5000 cash, plus PADI also donates $5000 to conservation through Project AWARE on behalf of the winner.
- Collect signatures for the Help Give Sharks A Fighting Chance petition. We need 100,000 signatures by 8th June 2011. If you can help Project AWARE visit www.projectaware.org/sharksoutreach for downloadable tools and signature sheets.
Every 22nd April, thousands of volunteers in more than 100 countries take action to help protect underwater environments and cultivate community awareness during Dive for Earth Day. To date, nearly 2000 activities and thousands of dive volunteers have focused on underwater cleanups, mooring buoy installation projects, reef surveys and much more.