National School Lunch Week - Poster Contest
OverviewEarth Day Network is proud to announce our second annual National School Lunch Week, poster contest to promote the importance of eating healthy sustainable foods in school! Like last year, the contest asks students from all over the country to submit posters describing what a healthy school lunch means to them.
- The poster contest is open to all K-8th grade students in the United States.
- Posters should depict healthy school lunches and are encouraged to highlight the importance of local, organic and sustainable foods.
- Posters can be any dimension.
- Posters can be in color or black and white.
- Artwork can be generated by hand or on the computer – and must be designed by the participant.
- The competition will be divided into two age groups: kindergarten through 4th grade, and 5th grade through 8th grade..
To enter your poster into the competition, please scan or take a photo of your poster and email it to education at earthday.org. Or, you can snail-mail it to:
Earth Day Network
C/O NSLW Poster Contest
1616 P Street NW, Suite 340
Washington, DC 20036
Please put “NSLW Poster Contest Entry” in the email subject line. In the body of the email or letter, please include your name, age, grade, school and a phone number where we can reach you.
All eligible submissions must be received by February 28, 2014.
Recongition and Prizes
Winners will be announced during Earth Month 2014.
The winners will each receive $100 and will have the chance to be interviewed for a feature story on the Earth Day Network homepage. One runner-up in each category will receive a tote bag full of Earth Day gear.
All participants will receive a thank you letter and have their posters displayed on Earth Day Network’s website.