EDN to host Women and the Green Economy® forum at 12th Annual TERI Sustainability Conference
Earth Day Network (EDN), in partnership with The Energy Resources Institute (TERI), will host a day-long forum to discuss Women and the Green Economy (WAGE®).
The WAGE forum will be held on February 1, 2012, in Delhi, India, in conjunction with the 12th annual TERI Sustainability Conference, which brings together government, civil society and corporate leaders from around the globe. The forum also coincides with the United Nations Foundation’s regional meeting on renewable energy in Delhi.
The objective of the WAGE forum is to increase the participation and leadership of women in India and key countries of South Asia in the design and implementation of the “post-carbon” economy by:
- Engaging key women from the public and private sectors in a dialogue on the opportunities, challenges and barriers to women’s participation and leadership;
- Developing a strong, cohesive set of policy proposals to achieve a green economy to be presented to the Government of India and to the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) Secretariat; and
- Building a communications strategy for advancing these policies and women’s voices as visionaries and spokespersons for the green economy.
Nobel Laureate economist Dr. Elinor Ostromwill give the opening remarks. The panels will include:
- Crisis of Leadership: Why and How Women Should Lead the Green Economy,
- Changing the Green Economy Dialogue: A Conversation with Media Decision Makers and Women Thought-Leaders, and
- Women’s Leadership in Promoting Sustainability in Government, Business and Civil Society.
Award Recipients -
- Ms. Sunita Bishit, NGO Chattarsal Seva Sansthan
- Ms. Svati Bhogle, Hon. Secretary of TIDE
- Ms. Anita Rana, Director of Janhit Foundation
The forum’s policy and other recommendations will be incorporated into the WAGE global consultative process. The policy recommendations will also be disseminated through EDN and TERI’s networks as well as to the United Nations, the U.N. Foundation, the United States and other state departments, as well as directly into the RIO+20 process where EDN holds a seat on the Women’s Steering Committee for the Women’s Major Group.
This event will be streamed live online and will include opportunities for women in the region to participate in the consultative process.
For more information, please contact email@example.com.